Something to Crow About
Rooster Valley Farm School is unique among preschools in the Snoqualmie Valley because it is the only school in which the students interact daily with farm animals and actively work and play in a productive garden.
Rooster Valley Farm School Offers:
- A farm-based state-licensed program for children ages 2.5 – 5
- Many enrollment options, including a summer program
- Optional extended day options in both the morning and the afternoon
- Educated, experienced early childhood teachers
- Staff certified in First Aid and CPR
Rooster Valley Farm School’s Classroom Includes:
- A balance of child-directed and teacher-directed activities including individual, small and whole group work
- Thematic farm-based curriculum that provides opportunities for children to nurture all of the learning intelligences through multiple modes of expression
- Learning stations including art, science, math, reading, blocks, puzzles, manipulatives, writing and dramatic play
- Classroom cooking, including butter, jam, applesauce and ice cream, allowing each child to experience how food is created
Rooster Valley Farm School’s Outdoor Experiences Include:
- Planting and Harvesting- The life cycle of plants is taught through such activities as planting bulbs, cultivating vegetables, and harvesting crops. In the process, children learn about farming, soil, water and plants. Many of these foods are incorporated into daily snacks and weekly cookout meals.
- Farm Animals and Farm Chores- Feeding the farm animals, walking the goat, collecting eggs, and shearing the sheep teach children about life cycles, as well as persistence, empathy, and respect.
- Rooster Junction- A miniature town with streets for children to walk and ride tricycles, along with simulated stores for students to explore.
Highlights of the Farm Year:
- Fall Festival
- Harvest Party
- Thanksgiving Celebration
- Christmas in the Barn
- Art Exhibit and Auction
- Egg Hunt and Hatching Celebration
- Pony Rides
- Rooster Days
If you would like more
information on our school, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.